November 07, 2004

Back To Fish Pass... (Day 2)

Date Fished: 11/07/04 Water Temperature: 0 Water Clarity: Clear Surf: Slightly Choppy

Got out to Fish Pass about 8:30 and caught a ton of mullet with just a few casts. Met my brother-in-law at the end of the Jetty and got started around 9 o'clock. One guy who had been there since about 4 am told us not to even try it because no one had caught anything since the day before which we already knew because we ripped it up here the day before. The naysayer left soon afterwards and I took his spot and began fishing. Within 5 minutes I hooked into a 25 inch red using live mullet hooked through the lip. After I landed it the fishing slowed down for about an hour until the Spanish Mackeral came in, chasing the schools of mullet. Caught 2 Spanish Macks and then hooked into a giant Redfish which I lost when I came up near the rocks, saw me, and took off, spitting the hook. My brother-in-law soon after hooked into a 27 1/2 inch Red which took nearly 15 minutes to land using a small spinning reel and 10 lb line. I ended up catching 2 more reds (20, and 23) and we took home a few more spanish mackeral and one 18 inch trout.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike (Admin) said...

That sound like a real nice day!! I love when we defy the odds and prevail. Negative people obtain negative results. Good job!!!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home