June 25, 2006

Joe Pool Lake, Texas (Personal Record)

Date Fished: 06/25/06 Water Temperature: 0 Water Clarity: 0

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usWas a beautiful day on the lake with three friends and a hunger for some big bass. We noticed on the way to our first spot there were feeding sand bass breaking the water so we started off with some fun and caught about 20 small ones. We then headed off to our next spot and located hydrilla. I managed a couple of nice ones right off the bat, and so did everyone else. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usUnfortunately they were not the size we were looking for so we headed out to other locations and didn't find the grass. We then headed back toward the first spot, but went on the opposite side where the biggest bass I have caught hit my spinnerbait. The funny part was that I fought it for a few seconds and then jumped off. I was so pissed that I yelled at the sun gods and threw down my lure. As I raised my rod I saw the bass come out from the cover and hit it again. I had it this time. 9-10 pounder in the boat with my buddies watching.

3 Comments:

Blogger Howell said...

Sounds like a good day to me!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Howell said...

Sounds like a good day to me!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Mike (Admin) said...

I was there!!! That was a great day, the funny part was that your largest fish actually caught itself. One- Eyed-Willy we dubbed him, wasn't only blind in one eye but probably partially retarded. Either way, he was a beautiful fish. Maybe I'm a little bitter about that day. Had you not caught that fish I would have been leading the fish count with all those baby hybrid striper I caught earlier that day. All of those fish combined didn't weigh as much as Willy. Good Job!!!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home